- How to Get Your Kids to Do Chores - English 8 Unit 3
- English Grade 6 Audio Files - Các bài nghe Tiếng Anh Lớp 6
- English 8 Unit 2 Lesson 5 Write a telephone message
- English 8 Unit 2 Lesson 4 - Read about Alexander Graham Bell
- English 8 – Unit 2 : Making Arrangements – Lesson 3 - Listen + Language focus 3
|How to write a speech about saving energy|
|Writing - Tutorials for Writting|
How to write a speech about saving energy
1. Definition of a speech
It is the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience. A speech usually has three parts: Introduction, Body and Conclusion.
Implicit the functions of the parts a speech by questioning:
- What do we do in Introduction?
- What is included in Body?
2. Parts of a speech Functions
- Introduction : getting people's attention and telling them what you are going to talk about
- Body : Giving details in easy–to–understand language
- Conclusion : summing up what you have said
3. Useful structures to deliver a speech
4. Examples about writing about Saving energy
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming here today. I'm Professor Hung, President of Friends of the Earth. I'm going to tell you about the ways of reducing garbage.
As we know that reducing garbage is necessary. We can reduce garbage by:
• Collecting plastic bags
• Not keeping solid waste with food waste.
Putting different kinds of waste in different places. I hope that you will be able to find the most suitable way to reduce the amount of garbage we produce.
4.2. Reusing paper
Good evening everybody. I'm glad to be here this evening. My name is Nam. I come from grade 9A. I'm going to talk to you about reusing paper.
There are three ways to reuse paper. Firstly, we should have a separate wastebasket for wastepaper. Secondly, we should keep sheets with single printed page for drafting. If you follow these simple rules, not only will you save money, but also the environment will be cleaner
3.3. Saving energy in the kitchen.
Hi everybody. It's a pleasure to be here with you today. My name is Tuan. Our topic today is ways of saving energy in the kitchen. Saving energy is our responsibility. We can save energy in the kitchen by:
• Turning off the lights
• Preparing food carefully before turning on the stove
• Keeping refrigerator door close.
If you follow these simple rules, not only will you save money, but also the environment will be cleaner.
4.4 . A short passage about saving energy
As you know our energy has limitation so saving energy is also our duty. For me, we can save energy in the following ways.
Firstly, to save energy we should turn off all electric appliances such as lights, fans , air conditioners, gas stoves when we don’t use them.
Secondly, we should turn off the faucets when we go out because a dripping faucet can waste 500 liters of water a month.
Finally, we should go to school or go to work on foot or by bicycle or use public transport to save petrol and money. We should also have a mechanic check our motorcycle regularly.
In short, saving energy is essential problem that we must do immediately now if we want to preserve our natural resource of the earth
Ads by Google
Learn English Online
English for Kids
Who is online?We have 8 guests online
If you don't see anything in the middle of this page, you may need the latest Flash plug-in.
It only takes a few moments to
Download it FREE at Adobe.com.
Home || Misterduncan|| Flash Cards || Songs For Kids|| Free Games || Learn English with GOGO|| Teaching English For Childern|| ESL/EFL Kids Course || Designed by Learning English Online. Designed by: Joomla Template, web hosting. Valid XHTML and CSS.